Posted on Mar 29th, 2022
TO OUR LIGHTHOUSE POINTE NEIGHBORS –
WE NEED YOU TO GET INVOLVED AND ATTEND THE ANNUAL MEETING IN PERSON OR BY PROXY
WHEN? Tuesday, May 17, 2022 at 6:30PM
WHERE? Frankfort Public Library Meeting Room B
WHAT IS THE ANNUAL MEETING FOR?
· Election of the Board of Directors- these are the individuals who make all major financial and business decisions for our neighborhood
· Learn how YOUR association dues are spent
· Voice questions/concerns YOU have about the neighborhood
· See and interact with your neighbors
WHY SHOULD I ATTEND?
· Your vote matters and nothing can happen without it!
· The Board can’t be elected and business can’t be transacted UNLESS a “quorum” is present, which means at least 20% of the Lighthouse Pointe homeowners must be represented at the meeting in person or by proxy. Because this threshold is never met, new individuals never have the opportunity to sit on the Board.
· Maybe you’d like to serve on the Board, you know a neighbor who’d be a great addition to the Board, or you’d just like to see new faces on the Board. In any event, you must get involved by attending the meeting in person or by proxy (see below).
WHAT IF I CAN’T ATTEND?
· Don’t worry. You can still “attend” by proxy!
· A proxy allows the person you choose to attend the 5/17 meeting for you and vote for you. YOU can direct the proxy to vote a certain way, and the proxy must vote the way you direct.
· A draft proxy is obtained by clicking here. Use the draft or create your own. Just make sure you complete a proxy and email the completed proxy to property manager Andrew Wright at Andrew@claviolaw.com before Monday, May 16th.
***THIS IS YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD. MAKE SURE YOUR VOICE IS HEARD!!!
Thank you and hope to see everyone there!